Sunday, May 10, 2009

Quick correction

John Cross called me last night to talk about his column. Working on the desk last night, I was in charge of editing and designing the Outdoors page for The Free Press. I'd heard through others about his success up north, but I was confused as to the location. Cross himself told me he was going to Cross Lake, which was true, except that he was only staying at Cross Lake and fishing Leech Lake. It sounds like the walleye action has returned at Leech.

With it being Mother's Day and all, tracking down fishing reports will be a little slow. But that doesn't mean all of you can't help me out. Send me your opening-day catches at photos@mankatofreepress.com. We'll post them on the Web site and let everyone see how good the action really was. Till then, best of luck on Day 2 of the opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment