Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Some fantasy and some fishing

The fourth tournament in the FLW Tour kicks off Thursday. That means thousands upon thousands of geeks like myself will be finalizing our fantasy rosters and reading last-minute blogs or bass-fishing Web sites to determine our winners. The fourth tournament takes place at Beaver Lake near Rogers, AR. Now, I'm not faring nearly as well as I did last year, finishing in the top 5,000 overall, but I blame that on increased chores and duties in my personal life. But I know enough to put in a little bit of time with hopes of grabbing the $100,000 prize for each tournament. Not a bad gig when you consider it is free. Check out my picks under my profile, but please, please don't think picking my picks will help you win — so far I'm only ranked in the top 18,000.

I've been thinking a lot about the one that got away Tuesday. My arms are actually sore today, which tells me the fish was pretty big. Now, I've ended a few fishing outings with bruises on the side of my stomach or on the inside of my forearms, mostly from hard hits that drive the handle of my pole into these parts of my body. But I can't remember ever being sore the next day from battling one fish. Makes me really wonder what was under the water. Perhaps another outing Thursday is appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment