Friday, May 22, 2009

Countdown to bass opener

You'll have to forgive me for a second if I get a little gushy talking about my favorite fish. I've sat through the walleye opener and watched as my friends left for fishing excursions for their favorite fish ... well, now it's my time.

If you happened to catch my column in the Sunday, May 17, print edition, you know I'm a stickler for preparing myself before I ever hit the water — new line, pole maintenance, reel maintenance. I also take a good gander at what I have in the ol' tackle box and restock what needs restocking.

Today I'll purchase new line. I am leaning toward P-Line's new Halo line, which I've heard is pretty strong. I've fished P-Line now for the better part of the last five years, and I've come to really like its low memory, and the line also seems to be better at staging off abrasions. I'll let you know how Halo measures up.

Until then, check back for a few more thoughts on the bass opener later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment