Monday, May 25, 2009

Some days are tougher than others

You ever have one of those days where no matter how hard you try, or no matter what you throw, you just can't land fish?

I had one of those days Sunday. Free Press staff writer Tanner Kent and I went out to Little Jefferson for some morning bass fishing.

Within minutes of our first stop, Tanner pulled in a small, yet feisty bass. After a second fish by Tanner, I pulled in my first bass to make it 2-1. But after that initial bass, I watched my longtime friend and fishing buddy reel off nine bass to my one.

We finished the day with me trailing him by nine, which is a big deal because each year we track a running tally of our catches to declare the winner of the Kent-Monson classic.

Trailing by three or four fish can be a daunting task, trailing by nine, well that's a whole different story. The craziest thing about the outing was that after refusing to switch over to what Tanner was fishing, I finally did and still watched him catch the fish.

I lost a couple of nice bass that would have helped lessen the pain; I guess it was just one of those days. Next time, I'll have to take him to my honey hole and hopefully narrow the gap.

Hot lure: Culprit plastic worm, voodoo colored, Texas-rigged.

No comments:

Post a Comment