Thursday, June 11, 2009

A couple of good reads

I was thinking the other day about information I could pass along to people about fishing. Mostly, I tend direct my writing to people who have loads of fishing experience.

But sometimes, I wonder if people stopping to read what I write need a little direction on what or how to fish. While I can't provide all the answer, I can help keep you informed when I come across a good site or article with quality fishing tips.

Two such articles come to mind. I subscribe to Gary Yamamoto's Ezine Newsletter, and I often find the articles by Russ Bassdozer to be pretty informative. Recently, he put together a must know for catching bass all summer long.

I also spend time reading what is going on in the world of fishing on Twitter. While I haven't quite figured out a practical use for Twitter because I like complete sentences and punctuation, a lot of people post interesting tweets about fishing.

But wear your hip waders, cuz the stink you're going to wade through to find the good tweets gets pretty deep.

One such exploration landed me on the Web site Fishing Moz, which breaks down different species of fish and gives tips and tactics.

I most recently read a pretty good crappie article that gives basic crappie fishing advice, but takes into account that location plays a factor into how you chase a crappie. If crappies are your thing, I suggest giving it a read.

I'm sure reading fishing how-tos isn't nearly as fun as just hitting the lake and practicing what you already know. But sometimes, when you come across a good read, you'll find yourself putting those tactics into play during an outing on the lake.

And if any of those tricks work, well, they'll become part of your everyday arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment